The DB3B is a high power explosion proof sounder, introduced as a replacement for the current DB3 with improved functionality and performance. Certified for use in a wide range of temperatures from -55ºC to +70ºC, the Ex enclosure is manufactured from GRP with a rugged thermoplastic flare providing a corrosion free and aesthetically pleasing product. Capable of producing 122dB @ 1m and with a range of pre-recorded tones, the DB3B includes an integral volume control which is ideal when a lower output is required.
The unit is provided with versatile control options allowing compatibility with a wide range of control methods and PLCs. The standard DC unit provides 3 tone stages, each stage has 28 tones available which can be independently selected. The unit can be controlled by reversing the polarity of the power supply (2 stage) or providing a common negative and switching between multiple positive supplies. The DB3B proves its versatility by additionally being able to work with a common positive supply and switching the negatives. The tone stages of the DB3B can also be controlled via voltage free contacts provided by a control panel.
The flexibility of the range continues with a wide range of supply voltages. The short flare option is worthy addition to the range offering a high SPL in a compact unit.
|Certification||ATEX, IECEx, INMETRO, TR CU, CCCF, CCOE, SIL1, cULus|
|Area Classification||Zone 1, Zone 2 and non-Ex use.|
|Certified Ambient Temperature||-55°C to +70°C|
|Ingress Protection||IP66 & IP67|
Ex enclosure - Flame retardent, UV stable Glass Reinforced Polyester
Flare - Flame retardent, UV stable thermoplastic polyester
Up to 2 x M20 or 1/2" NPT. Blanking plug available.
|Weight||Ex d - 4.6kg, Ex de - 5.4kg (based on long flare unit)|
|No. of Tones||28 user selectable tones|
Body colour, short flare, tag & duty labels, custom tones
EOL resistor, certification, suitable for Gas or Gas and Dust, Ex atmospheres, terminal chamber,
voltage free activation, voltages 12V-48V d.c., 110V-254V a.c
- Ex d / Ex de IIC/IIIC T4/T5/T6.
- ATEX certified.
- IECEx certified.
- INMETRO certified
- TR CU certified
- CCCF certified
- CCOE certified
- SIL1 certified
- cULus certified
- Certified temperature -55ºC to +70ºC.*
- IP66 & IP67.
- Optional Ex e terminal chamber.
- Up to 122dB output @ 1m.
- Integral volume control.
- 28 tones, user selectable.
- 3 stage unit remotely switchable.
- Tones can be programmed to customer's
- DC supply voltage between 12V and 48V.
- End of line resistor option.
- Sounder & beacon combination units available,
- for further details contact MEDC.
- Ex enclosure - Glass reinforced polyester.
- Flare - High impact thermoplastic polyester.
- Stainless Steel mounting bracket and cover screws.
- Mounting bracket has ratchet facility as standard.
- Optional swivel bracket available